+1 bowlingball.com

Swarm Blem

Average Customer Review: 4.93 of 5 stars
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

BALL FINISH 4000 ABRALON

PIN TO PAP 5" @ 45* WITH A SMALL HOLE DOWN

Brunswick has definitely created some BUZZ with this ball. This ball comes off the end of the pattern with strong angular move. The ball just would not quit no matter how deep I moved on the lane the ball just kept turning the corner. It is one ball reaction you should have in your arsenal. People that have a hard time creating ball speed or revolutions will definitely benefit from this ball. Bowlers that have more than average ball speed and revolutions will find that this ball works well for them too.

Was this comment helpful? yes no

0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

League Average:
PAP:
4 1/2 over 1/4 up
Ball Speed:
Fast
Style:
Tweener
Bowling Hand:
Right Handed
Sport Shot Average:
Not set
Experience:
Advanced (I have bowled in a league)
Brunswick Swarm is a Advanced Performance ball and a great ball for most conditions.The Swarm polished will give length in the front with a strong move in the backend and at this price the Swarm will be gone soon.
Ormond Pro Shop Manager
ormond@bowlingball.com

3 of 3 people found this review helpful
Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

League Average:
Ball Speed:
Medium
Style:
Tweener
Bowling Hand:
Right Handed
Sport Shot Average:
Ok first things first.. this is my first brand new ball that has been actually drilled for ME. I am a league bowler with a fairly low average around a 145. I received my ball on thursday and had to wait a whole 2 days to drill it. kinda anxious to get the ball back and when i received it was nothing short of AMAZING. 1st time out with the ball left handed fingertip drill, threw a 191,210,and 214 for a lifetime high of 615 series (old series 496) ridiculous backend, to the pocket every time. AMAZING recovery, and AMAZING overall ball,will be recommended to everyone that i meet.. score out of 100, 100. Bowling Lane owner actually preferred this swarm over his THE ONE PEARL/VIRTUAL GRAVITY/DESTRUCTION, best ball by brunswick out right now.

2 of 2 people found this review helpful
Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

Let me just say that I am no bowling superstar. Im an average player who rolls in a few leagues and enjoys the sport. I have always had problems bowling with all of these new high tech bowlingballs due to ball speed and rev rate. No matter how hard I try I cant throw a ball over 14 miles an hour. My problem is that I turn the ball like Sean Rash, or Tommy Jones. Combine that with such slow ball speed and you end up with alot of brooklyns and misses. But after some research and the help of Bobby Lewis, one of the best ball drillers in the world, he paired me up with this bowling ball and drilled it specifically for my style. All I can say is WOW. This ball has amazing control, it gets through the heads effortlessly. I have no problems getting this ball down the road. It seems like it will hook back from anywhere I through it. It has very good hitting power for me. As most everything that I usually throw would roll out before it got down the lane, this thing actually stores alot of its enery and does amazing things when it gets there. I would recommend this ball to anyone. Especially those that have the same problems that I do. I hope that this has been helpful to anyone who reads this.

Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

League Average:
PAP:
5 3/4
Ball Speed:
Slow
Style:
Tweener
Bowling Hand:
Right Handed
Sport Shot Average:
Experience:
WAITED ABOUT THREE WEEKS BEFORE DRILLING BALL IT IS VERY CLEAN THROUGH THE HEADS WITH SMOOTH ARC ON THE BACKEND USED IN BOX CONDITION AS LONG AS YOU HAVE OIL IN THE HEADS THIS IS AN ALL AROUND BALL.

Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

League Average:
Ball Speed:
Medium
Bowling Hand:
Right Handed
I just had the ball drilled today and got to try it out. I am very pleased with the performance of the ball. The descrption provided for the ball is very accurate. This is definatly a ball worth getting. You should have it in your arsenal! 100% pleased! I ordered the 15lb ball and it hits just like a 16. The ball is one of the best I've owned. If your looking for a new ball, this is it, and you will not be disapointed!!!

Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

I just had this ball drilled. My previous high game over the past 30 years was a rare 200, with a 160 average. I threw a dozen practice frames with this newly-drilled ball, then rolled my first ever 200 series. Once I found the line, the pins exploded like never before, and I still had great control to convert spares. I was supposed to go back and tweak the drilling, but now way I'm going to change a thing with this ball. I'm a stroker on dry to medium lanes. This ball is perfect -- just enough break at the end to get great pin action with a 15 lb ball -- but easy to control.

Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

Just had this ball drilled up after a 16 year stint with Champions Ultimate Weapon. Unfortunatley it cracked between the fingers.

I have to say I am very happy with this ball so far after 8 games. The ball really slides through the middle of the lane and snaps with attitude. I am a stroker, through medium revs at 14 - 15 MPH. Stand 20 through it out to 4 - 6 and watch it rip back to the pocket. This is also the first time in my life I bought a 15lb ball, based on the recomendation of my local pro. I have to say it hits and carries just as well as my 16lb balls. The biggest thing I have noticed is the improved control.

Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

League Average:
Ball Speed:
Extreme
Style:
Cranker
Bowling Hand:
Right Handed
Sport Shot Average:
Experience:
The ball is great. For the price, it is a good ball. My average game has jumped 13.5 pins since I gt it. Now, if I can just learn to thrw a curve.

Ed

Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

League Average:
Ball Speed:
Medium
Style:
Stroker
Bowling Hand:
Right Handed
This ball arrived quickly and shipped and packed well ! The Swarm is a magnificent ball, a little slow on the inside and backend carries well. The best conditions for this ball is light to medium oily lanes. It will bog down in heavy oil, and if dry lanes it has no come back or hook coming in. It works great as a partner for the Elite Wasp and Storm Paradigm. Great for beginner bowlers and amaters, but not well for the pros or classic leagers. The ball has good rotation but will leave the ten pin or split if it hooks deep. It penetrates the pins well, but to much speed will split the pins everytime ! Over all the ball works in various lane conditions, I like the way it is balanced. I test balls for different bowling ball companies and I would rate this ball about a 8 out of 10 (ten being the best) It has a trermendous back slide and will skip and hop for a great finish on the pins. You might want to have a good spare ball handy as it will hook effectively and right on past a ten pin or seven pin. It is a great ball for someone toi build upon for a later high performance ball ......

Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

League Average:
Ball Speed:
Medium
Style:
Stroker
Bowling Hand:
Right Handed
Experience:
A VERY good ball for those who like to play down and in. This ball does all of the work. I just have to lift straight out of it and watch it work. If I try to put some hand in it, this ball wants to take off. I highly recommend this ball to anyone that is a low speed and/or low rev player.

Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

I'm a 60yo who has picked up bowling again after a few years off. Was still throwing Urethane (habit) and was looking for something to finish stronger (not looking for huge hook to impress the gallery, just a stronger finish) on modern lanes and oil patterns. Right out of the box, after taking a game to figure out where to throw it, I was rewarded with just what I was looking for. Only used it 2 weeks but have averaged a little over 211 with it. Still need a little tweeking on spare shooting. Thanks for your site's help in the descriptions and ratings. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

League Average:
Ball Speed:
Medium
Style:
Tweener
Bowling Hand:
Right Handed
I must say this was a great purchase for me. I have gone from a 132 avg to a 143 avg in under 6 weeks of League bowling. I have hit my first 200 game and 600 series this second half of the season. I have been playing the outside line staying out of the middle. As long as I am out of the oil the ball snaps back into the pocket. Even if I miss my mark a little, this ball has a enough carry in it to leave easy pickup spares.

Reviewed by on

About the Bowler

I just got this ball and have to say WoW! It reacts just as Brunswicks claims it would easy through the heads with a stong move to the pocket. I have it drilled to Brunswicks length and backend specs. I bowl on a wood house with ball speed around 16 to 17 mph. The first week of leauge play I was adjusting to the ball 564, second week 633, and third week 701. This ball has tremendous carry when you get it to the pocket. If you are looking for a ball with a meduim RG core Brunswick will help you swarm the pins without stinging you on the backside on the price. Another great release form the best in the biz Brunswick.

Showing comments 1-14 of 14