How To Use The Storm Gadget Wrist Support
is really more touch and feel than technical. Here are our basic instructions for the Gadget:
1. Lay the brace on the back of your hand. Adjust the wrist/forearm strap so that it is secure on your forearm, but still comfortable enough to allow circulation to your wrist and hand. Also, lightly tighten the palm strap to keep your hand in place before adjusting the wrist cup and angle.
2. Loosen the dial on the back of the Gadget
by rotating the little lever located on top of the adjustment dial. With the dial loose, move your wrist back and forth (left and right) until it feels comfortable.
3. After you find a comfortable position for your wrist (left or right), you should locate the dial just under the lever; turn this until a small metal protrusion extends forward. This adjustment will help keep your wrist in a weak or strong position depending on how far out it is adjusted. Until you are comfortable with the Gadget, it is recommended you have it adjusted out a small distance for safety. Once you have the left/right angle comfortable and the wrist cup bar extruded to a comfortable distance, turn the lever located on the top of the dial to lock both the wrist cup adjustment and also the wrist angle adjustment in place at the same time.
4. At this point, you should release the palm strap, move your wrist in a circular motion a few times, and then secure the palm strap to keep your hand in place. Just like the forearm strap, this should be tightened enough to keep your hand in position, but not enough to stop circulation to your palm and fingers.
5. Its time to bowl… go bowling and see how it works and feels… adjust the wrist position and wrist cup adjustment bar until you find a comfortable zone that feels good and helps your game… Its mostly feel at this point. Just make sure not to over-tighten the lever when locking it in place. Wrist Angle Adjustment
In general, adjusting the wrist angle away from your body (with your palm facing up) will create more forward roll, while adjusting it towards the inside of your body will help create more side rotation. However, don’t be too extreme in your adjustments or you may injure your wrist or hand. Natural flexibility, bone and joint structure will have a strong influence on how far you can adjust your wrist left or right without hurting yourself or creating an uncomfortable position for your wrist.Wrist Cup Adjustment
The wrist cup adjustment is similar to the wrist angle adjustment in the fact that certain types of flexibility, bone and joint structure will affect how far you can safely and comfortably extend the bar. In general, the shorter the bar is extended, with a straighter wrist, the lower your rev rate). As you extend the bar your wrist becomes more cupped, and as a result you will notice your rev rate increase.
Just keep in mind that sometimes more is less, especially if you can be more accurate and consistent with less rotation or side roll.Courtesy of Storm Technical Staff