Use and distribution of this article is subject to our terms and conditions whereby bowlingball.com's information and copyright must be included.
How To Quickly Sharpen Your Bowling Game
How to quickly sharpen your game starts by using these practice tips below which have been tested over time and proven to work:
1. For 10 minutes, work on balance and maintaining an athletic posture during your approach. Avoid any unneeded head and shoulder movement during the approach and particularly during the delivery of the bowling ball. Keep your head steady at all times to help you maintain balance.
2. For the next 10 minutes, focus on a consistent pace or tempo of footsteps. Avoid accelerating your steps excessively as to allow sufficient time for your arm-swing to match in tempo. Count cadence allowing about one second on each step until you release the ball. The final two steps of your approach are very critical in making accurate deliveries. Strive for a consistent pace of steps.
3. During the next 10 minutes, begin your arm-swing toward your target slightly before beginning the first step of a four-step approach and do not rush the process. Allow the down-swing to flow freely to the top of the back-swing in one uninterrupted motion, then allow the ball to swing freely and smoothly without arm control downward until the ball reaches the "delivery zone." Maintain a consistent tempo on the back-swing and forward-swing on each delivery.
4. For the next 10 minutes, practice a full follow-through motion and hold your form at the foul line at least until your bowling ball passes your target on the lane.
5. For yet another 10 minutes of a one hour practice session, key on releasing your ball over the foul line and entering the lane surface at a gradual descending angle. It helps to keep body balance during this delivery process to attain accuracy and good results. Avoid moving your head until the ball leaves your hand and passes your target while keeping your eyes focused sharply on your target on the lane.
6. For the final 10 minute interval, just bowl. Make the best deliveries possible and allow the above practice techniques to merge together. Making a series of good deliveries is the primary key to bowling good scores. Make one good shot and then repeat the process. This simple strategy of using your practice to work on the key components of your physical game is an efficient practice system.
While you are visiting today, please spend time searching our extensive menu of products at bowlingball.com. If you wish to make a purchase, simply follow our easy online order instructions. Thanks for visiting bowlingball.com.