How To Learn Bowling Lane Etiquette
As a relative newcomer to the game or as someone intending to bowl for the first time, there are a few things about how to learn bowling lane etiquette
which must be observed while you are on the lanes. Proper lane courtesy makes the game enjoyable for everyone and keeps the pace of play flowing nicely. How to learn bowling lane etiquette
begins simply by following a few courtesies.
The United States Bowling Congress (USBC), the sanctioning body establishing the rules and regulations for bowling, offers the following courtesies to make the game pleasurable for all bowlers:
• Be ready to bowl when the pins are set, but wait until the pinsetting machine has completed its cycle and the sweepbar is raised to make your delivery. Throwing a ball before the machine is ready may damage the ball or equipment.
• Observe one lane courtesy. The bowler on the right should bowl if both reach the approach at the same time. Stay off the approach while you wait.
• Taking too long to aim or get set up when you are on the approach delays the game.
• Try to remain in your approach area while delivering the bowling ball
• Step off the approach once you have delivered the ball.
• Good bowling requires concentration. Have fun, but keep in mind excessive movement or noise could be distracting when others are up to bowl.
• Excessive “lofting” hurts your game and damages the lane.
• Get permission to use another player’s bowling ball
• Refrain from using abusive language or obscene gestures.
• Play the game to win, but be a gracious loser. Good sportsmanship is always the key to a successful game.
• Wet bowling shoes
are a safety hazard, watch where you are walking.
If you have lane courtesy questions, contact the desk personnel at your bowling center
for more information. While you are visiting our site today, please check out the vast menu of bowling consumer products we offer at great prices, with no shipping charges, with free insurance, with no hidden handling charges, and with delivery right to your doorstep! bowlingball.com
has become the No. 1 “e-tailer” of choice for bowling equipment by the consumers of America. Ordering is an easy process by following simple online instructions available 24 hours a day, every day of the year! Thanks for visiting bowlingball.com.