Bowling Stance Position
Taking a proper bowling stance position is an important key to making an effective approach and delivery of the bowling ball. The stance position establishes correct body posture, balance, positioning of the ball in your set-up, leg action and overall alignment. Everything works off of a solid stance position. Establishing a “pre-shot routine” whereby the identical set-up procedure is taken every time you step onto the approach will enhance your chances in making an effective delivery.
Here are a few essential elements in taking a bowling stance position:
1. Before stepping onto the approach surface, make sure you know precisely where you wish to position your feet. Pay attention to your distance from the foul line and to your positioning relative to the boards on the lane.
2. Place your feet pointing slightly toward your target with the toes in the same direction and spread your shoes perhaps one board apart for balance and stability.
3. Flex the knees forward as to place the front of your knee caps directly over the toes of your shoes. Flexing the knees slightly will bring the big muscles of your legs into play and create automatic leverage during delivery. Maintain knee flex throughout the approach to the foul line.
4. Lean forward about 10–15 degrees as to align your shoulders in a direct line over your knees. Place the bowling ball in your hand immediately in front of your bowling shoulder and as close to your body as is comfortable. The closer the ball is to your body, the more relaxed are the arm muscles. Maintain this relationship of shoulders above the knees throughout the walk to the foul line to ensure good balance and stability while releasing the ball.
5. Keep your head level with the chin up pointing to your target so you would be able to easily balance a book or glass of water on top of your head. Try and maintain this same position of your head throughout the approach to the foul line with your eyes fixed on your target to help you maintain good overall balance.
These five elements will establish a good bowling stance position. Consistently good results in bowling occur only by means of a well-planned “pre-shot routine” and most importantly, a good stance position.
While you are here at our site, please take some time to examine our extensive menus of bowling products and kindly be reminded that our discounted prices are available with free shipping on every item at bowlingball.com. When you are ready to make your purchase, simply follow our easy online order instructions or give us a call at (888) 265-2695 and one of our sales associates will assist you 24 hours per day, each and every day. Thank you for visiting bowlingball.com!