Use and distribution of this article is subject to our terms and conditions whereby bowlingball.com's information and copyright must be included.
Bowl Within Your Abilities
Not to say that you cannot improve with putting in the effort and work to do so, it merely means that you may not be using your skills and techniques to your full advantage during competition.
Use your resources and bowl within the skill range you have presently developed.
Using a few technique tips to help organize your practice can lead you to trusting your decisions in competition. Here are a few tips to rely on if you find your game has peaked or is sliding back a bit:
1. Bowl with a practice plan and donâ€™t worry about strikes, score, or pressing the re-set button and only use a full pin rack which wastes opportunities to make more shots for the games you have paid for in advance.
2. Work on strike and spare adjustments you face in competition.
3. Work on all ranges of adjustments including your physical game techniques, not only lateral moves with your feet or your sighting target.
4. Avoid getting stuck in a rut of delivering your bowling ball over and over without making an adjustment thinking you can throw it better while still getting the same poor results. Not a smart strategy to do so. Use your full range of adjustments and feel confident in doing so because you have developed a practice plan to rehearse these adjustments.
5. No one can out bowl a poor ball reaction when all adjustments have been tried except a ball change.
If you are not getting your ball to react right and are missing the pocket continually, then do something else and avoid stubbornness by trying the same thing again - change bowling balls. If you bowling balls, you give yourself a chance to make new, fine-tuning adjustments to hit the pocket again.
6. Avoid working on too many things at one time, however. Work on your immediate needs, physical game and ball changes, which you are certain to face in competition.
Practice with a purpose. An organized practice routine will maximize your skills development.
Trust in your skills and use them wisely when it really counts.